If you are new to the world of Crossfit, welcome to the club! You will be joining some of the most physically strong and mentally prepared people you’ve ever met, because Crossfit is not just a workout – it is a challenge for your greater purpose.
Before you jump into Crossfit, here are some helpful things to remember during your training:
- Remember, it is all about you. You will be the one to take on the weights and the physical hardship. You will be the one to face every challenge. So, don’t compete with others. Instead, focus on yourself, on your own strengths, and on your goals. Start slowly if you need to.
- Complement your training with a healthy lifestyle. No matter how intense you work out, if you don’t change unhealthy lifestyle habits, your efforts will not be as impressive. You need to watch out your diet, sleep and rest well, and stop drinking alcohol. If you do these things, you will see your goals come alive in no time.
- It will not be easy. Mentally prepare yourself that Crossfit is not an easy workout. It will be intense, and you will be physically challenged. Making this clear in your mind will encourage you not to give up, even when it seems impossible.
- You have support – Crossfit is a community. We support each other, so keep in mind that there will be people to support you along the way. Never give up. If you have concerns, you can ask for support and help from your trainers.
- Enjoy your training. Have fun during your Crossfit trainings because it will encourage you and make it a more positive experience. This is a key ingredient to your success. Stressing out and getting discouraged will only cause you to fail.
- Results will come. If you not meet your goals in your expected time, don’t stop. Positive results are inevitable and will come as long as you commit to your trainings and living a healthy lifestyle.